Energy Performance Certificate or EPC is an easiest way to know how energy efficient your property is. The ratings are given from A to G. Rating A signifies high rating and the property is energy efficient whereas rating G signifies the lowest rating and the property has shown poor performance in terms of energy efficiency. In order to improve low ratings and save some money, there are few basic things every property owner should do to improve the performance of property on Domestic EPC.
Basic tips to improve ratings:
The few basic tips are
- Replace all the old kind of bulbs by energy efficient ones. This is going to save a lot of energy and subsequently the money.
- The next one is to replace the insulation in the loft and also ensure that it’s atleast 270 mm in thickness.
- If there’s a fireplace around, then install a wood burning stove which has better EPC ratings.
- If the property has any kind of cavity wall, then it’s advisable to fill it.
- If the property has any inefficient and old boiler, then replace it.
- Take the full advantage of available renewable technologies. For example, installing solar panels in the property is a great idea to generate some clean energy.
- Consider of replacing all the appliances with that of better energy ratings.
- Replace that single paned windows with the double glazed one. This surely going to help in improving EPC
These are few tips and tricks which might look simple but they can help in improving the DomesticEPC as well as commercial EPC ratings to a great extent. It makes more sense to invest the money in doing the above steps, instead of wasting your hard-earned money in paying the bills. Moreover, higher EPC ratings will insure that the less harm is being done to the environment. It’s very important to take necessary steps to save the environment before it gets too late to do anything.